Friday 16 June 2017

Crooked Dice Police Officers (Coppers 1 & 2)

As mentioned in my Emperor Penguin post I am going to the 7TV day at the Wargames Illustrated HQ on 1st July.

I need to make a 30 Rating cast using the 7TV Second Edition releases. I could of just gone with something from my collection but felt it was a good excuse to clear some figures out the todo pile.

Having had a mooch in my drawers I found the Beat detectives and sticking on Life on Mars have decided to do a Law and Order cast.

First up and finished in a mass production line are the ordinary Police Constables. I had picked up two of Coppers 1 and one of Coppers 2 blisters giving me 9 ordinary constables. I also included the Police Sergeant (comes in his own pack with a marksman) as he wears a similar uniform.


 Coppers 1

 Coppers 1 pack 2 heads switched around and not satisfied I bent the arms slightly to make them more different,

 Coppers 2

 Those on the left are as they come and those on the right are the modded versions.

I Love this model its one of my favourites from the entire range. The Marksman is a close second though (being painted up as I type this!)

26 comments:

  1. Splendid. Nice to see the long arm getting some coverage. Brilliant Job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint. I had a blast painting through these and the Stars and Co Stars (more posts incoming).

      Delete
  2. I love these figures, they paint up really well. I have both crime and law and order casts. We still play first edition though. Not to keen on the second edition rules with the character cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah indeed I've pretty much painted 20 figures this week From Constables to the Detectives that Crooked Dice do. I like both if I'm honest. Second lends it self to more balanced play. I find you can just pick a bunch of cards up create a cast and away you go.

      You can still tweak characters though. You just need to make up your own cards.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful group, well done, love the last one with crossed arms, he looks so determined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil yeah the Sergeant is one of my favourites out them all as well. Looks like he is not going to stand any messing.

      Delete
  4. What a great unit Simon. a proud bunch of boys in blue. The Sergeant is a must have miniature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael yes indeed he is. Love the sculpt and his no nonsense aura he gives off.

      Delete
  5. An excellent cohesive force. Well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great cast of figures, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bryan its good to be painting 28mm figures again.

      Delete
  7. I don't know, Simon, you're a bit like a British bus. you post the odd mini every few days and the suddenly there's ten of 'em!!! Wonderful Boys in Blue. What paints did you use? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. I am finding it difficult to get online lately. Its either do some hobby or go online. The hobby being the winner mostly.

      I've had a really good painting week finishing nearly 20 figures! Just need to get all the photos and posts written.

      Delete
    2. Sorry forgot to add the bit about the paints. Its a matt black basecoat (Some I thinned down from Artist Acrylics as I had ran out of my own Vallejo Matt Black. Drybrushed with a Codex Grey like colour (again mixed myself. Then a wash of Army Painter Dark Tone over the top. It seems to of blended it all nicely.

      Delete
  8. Excellent stuff mate. Make up to traditional levels of productivity too! :) Great work mate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Riding the wave while I can lol. Catching up nearly to last years halfway mark with the next few figs done.

      Delete
  9. That's quite a force!
    Top paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. Really enjoying painting up these 28mm sculpts.

      Delete
  10. I didn't know these, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. I'd check them out they have some cracking figures.

      Delete
  11. These look absolutely brilliant! Cracking job!

    ReplyDelete